- Last updated: July 27, 2020
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions will have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable (but for me, you’ll always be a Board Game Lover)
- Company referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or”Our”, “Me” and “I” (or “a Place for Geeks Like Me” and “BGS”) in this Agreement refers to BoardgameShot Mateusz Zajda based in Filipowicza 4/12A, 30-611 Kraków, Poland; Tax Identification number: PL9442135405, REGON: 122642712
- Website refers to BoardgameShot, accessible from https://www.boardgameshot.pl/ (There is nothing to laugh about here!)
- Service refers to the Website (Surprising, isn’t it?)
- Country refers to: Poland (for now!)
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used – (Which generally means my accountant who helps me handle invoices)
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service (Did you know you can find me on instagram, facebook and twitter?)
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual (Thanks to this I know where and to whom my accountant can send the invoice)
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses (These are sadly not edible , which I regret)
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a smartphone or a digital tablet (There are legends that someone connected with the calculator. I’m expecting a picture!)
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself for example, the duration of a page visit (Because you know … the Internet works like that)
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collecte
While using a Place for Geeks Like Me (Our Service), I may ask You, Board Game Lover to provide Me with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address – Because I want to contact You! Me and no one else!
- First name and last name – So that I know who I am contacting.
- Phone number – After all, I will not force a Board Game Lover to create an email if one does not want it. Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City – You won’t guess, I need this data for invoicing 😉
- Usage Data – And I need these gems to know if the Board Game Shot is working properly. That’s all.
Data Usage is collected automatically when using the BoardgameShot.
Data Usage may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if Board Game Lover do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser. Learn more about cookies: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Me
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide a Board Game Lover with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that Board Game Lovers have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Me
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Me
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
I may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including monitoring the usage of our Service (and I will do everything in my power to keep the Website running smoothly)
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services a Board Game Lover has purchased or of any other contract with BoardgameShot through the Service (This is our secret agreement between you me and my accountant)
- To contact a Board Game Lover: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication (Because interpersonal communication is the most important thing in the world)
- To provide a Board Game Lover with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which I offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information (Nothing by force. If You sign up, You’ll get it. And it’s just for you, nobody else. I will not even give this data to the accountant.)
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Me (Because I am happy when You are happy.)
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You (Nothing marketing. Just for things to run smoothly.)
- With Business partners: We may share Your information with My business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions (It’s just that sometimes I arrange gifts or contests for you. Then, if you win, I have to send you a prize somehow. But before I do that, I always ask!)
Retention of Your Personal Data
I will retain Your other Personal Data (like Email address or Phone number) unless you instruct me to delete it. Only in such case we won’t be able to cooperate anymore. Fortunately, this almost never happens.
I will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of My Website, or BGS are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at My operating office, in any other SAFE places where I am and the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction (because you know, I live in Poland, Mid-Europe).
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities e.g. a court or a government agency. (When they come with a court order, only then will I consider whether I will share!)
Other legal requirements
BGS may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the BGS
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Me, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While I strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, I cannot guarantee its absolute security. (But I can promise you that I will handle them accordingly.)
Your California Privacy Rights (California’s Shine the Light law)
Under California Civil Code Section 1798 (California’s Shine the Light law), California residents with an established business relationship with us can request information once a year about sharing their Personal Data with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
If you’d like to request more information under the California Shine the Light law, and if you are a California resident, You can contact Me using the contact information provided below.
California Privacy Rights for Minor Users (California Business and Professions Code Section 22581)
California Business and Professions Code section 22581 allows California residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online sites, services or applications to request and obtain removal of content or information they have publicly posted.
To request removal of such data, and if you are a California resident, You can contact Me using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with Your account.
Be aware that Your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
Links to Other Websites
I have no control (unfortunately) over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Though honestly, You don’t need to worry. If the law does not change, I cannot imagine why I would change anything else here.
- By email: contact(at)boardgameshot.pl